Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Is it Possible to Be a Fan of Punk Rock, but Not a Punk Rocker?

I'm a huge fan of punk bands such as Pennywise, Black Pacific, and Good Riddance, and I'm wondering if you think its possible to be a fan of punk rock, but not a punk rocker. Some people (who know almost nothing about punk music) say that this isn't possible, and that they're surprised when I play them the music I listen to. While I'm not a confrontational person and don't play in a band, I listen to punk music a lot. I'm also a fan of grunge, ska, and some alternative rock. While I'm aware that punk isn't about the way you dress, but more about what you believe in and do, some people are completely baffled when they see me wearing a Clash t-shirt, yet have no piercings, tattoos, and don't do anything to my hair. Therefore I tell them I'm a fan of punk, but not a punk rocker. Thanks for answering my question.

No comments:

Post a Comment